Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pssst...buddy....I got your limited supply right here.

Chester here folks. Heart of gold squirrel at your service. I'm not just a furry rodent hiding the nuts for myself and myself only. I'm a giver. I'm thinking about a few nuts rolling YOUR way.

So DeadRabbit gave you a tip on Deviate fish farming. She's a good girl. (I worry about her fishing though....the fish yank on the line and sometimes her arms go with it. She laughs it off. But she's not the one sent after the arms. Oy, the undead! They are sweethearts but a little casual with the "loosely attached" body parts. Bit loosely attached in the head sometimes....you know what I mean? Okay but I digress....Back to the topic at hand). Consider this "tip #2 for some nice cheddar in the wallet and change in the pocket." I present to you the joy of "limited supply" recipes and items.

Limited supply are items or recipes sold by vendors in small quantities. If those items are bought then the vendor is "out" of the item until it respawns. What's this mean for the enterprising young player? Well you can provide a service for those too busy (or lazy, or disinterested, or...shhhh....stupid) to wait for a respawn. Buy up those limited supply recipes and items and sell 'em on the AH.

Okay now, don't go *nuts* over this (hehehe...humour me, I'm a squirrel, nut jokes make me laugh). Don't glut the market with these recipes and items: you'll kinda defeat the purpose of limited supply and ultimately decrease their AH value.

Who sells these items? Well, in any major city, just go around to the vendors and pick up the stuff that has a number listed in its display. But you are probably going to make the best money on vendors who sell these items and are not in a major city. Plus it means some exploring and adventuring for you if you go looking for them. DeadRabbit, at level 11, went to Duskwood to buy the goblin jumper cable recipe from Kzixx. (How'd she get there...only dying once...at level 11? She's working on a map for ya). Bought the recipe for 20s or so....sold about 3 for 1g 50s or so.

Best site for finding out where to find those recipes is Kaliope's Crafter's Tome. Ooooh aaaah, this is a site that makes a acorn-hoarding squirrel's heart beat faster....all that information gathered together in one place. Check it out. Plus if you look up a recipe, in the notes section, she'll tell you if it is a limited supply item.

Gotta another nugget for ya. This gal complicates the matter: selling "faction specific" items on the neutral Auction House. She says she makes a good profit but so far anything I've posted on the neutral AH just sits there....for a long time....whistling in the emptiness.....wishing it had friends.

One last thing from your dutch uncle here, I'm not suggesting you camp these vendors, kids. Don't let the cobwebs grow on ya. Azeroth is for the stout of heart...for those with some spunk. Make yourself some cash, buy some good gear and then get out there.

Go kick some butt for Chester. Ok?

6 comments:

Rusty said...

Neutral AH, how do I love thee!!

My Deviate Scale Belt Recipes are bought for 5 gold and sell for 10 gold on thee.

My Deviate Scale Gloves Recipes are bought for 5 silver and sold for muy gold on thee.

Yea, though I buy a Deviate Scale Belt for 8 gold, I sell it for 19 gold on thee.

Neutral AH, how do I love thee!

Rabbit Stew said...

hmmmm....my neutral AH recipes probably aren't socialized enough...their like the kids at the edges of the playground wishing they'd be invited to play...go on guys, go play...

Anonymous said...

You can thank the Game Dame for my presence here: Saw you on her "must reads" (I really DO have to pay more attention to Blog Azeroth!) and hopped right over. Glad I did!!

Rabbit Stew said...

Hi Kestrel /waves

Love the pun....hopping over....and thanks for the visit. I actually hadn't been to Blog Azeroth yet. So I went yesterday after reading your comment and signed myself up.

oh...and another official *welcome* to Pox Arcanum.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. I learned about the limited items by accident myself a few weeks ago. It's brilliant, I tells ya.

BTW, I just noticed your sidebar and it's not only funny, but helpful to your newer readers -- not me, of course. I'm not new! Anyway, I have to offer you kudos on your Hildy reference from "His Girl Friday." One of my absolute favorite movies of all time -- I've seen it a dozen times. (God, I hope that's the version of the movie you're referencing and not the horrrrrrrible Lemmon/Matthau debacle!)

Rabbit Stew said...

@GameDame: Absolutely...Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant. Yowza. And that whole 1940s wise-cracking female character gengre. Love it. Another favorite? Katherine Hepburn as Buffy Watson in Desk Set (1950s but still..same type of genre).